View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Gmoney
Evolving Addict

Originally Posted by andyaddict View Post
Ok, I'm with ya on how if one person tells ya you got body odor, eh... you can take it or leave it. But when a whole room tells ya you stink, then it might be time to consider a shower. I.E. the group has spoken.

However, on the other hand, if it is as he says, the area DOES NOT set policy for the groups. That is completely bass-ackwards. It's the groups that set policy for the area - period! So I don't know, the story may have gotten muddied down, or I've read stuff wrong, but if this area was trying to sell me on an up righted pyramid I'd kind of stir some shite too.

a
I'm with you, Andy. But, although specifics weren't given, I'm willing to stick my neck out here and conclude that "the area" in deed was the groups setting the policy. I can't speak for others, but when I talk about "the area" I'm talking about the groups having a group conscience on the issue and sending their representative (the GSR) to the ASC, and all the group's GSR's voting on a motion or bylaw...ultimately concluding with a "area conscience" - not a handful of elected servants who think they're running the show.

I think the whole room is telling Tsar7 he stinks. LOL!!