Thread: Need to Lay Off
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Silence208

Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
I think it's good to recognise that you possibly have a problem at your age; you're obviously a bright bloke.

At your age I drank till I was oblivious at every given opportunity and didn't realise that this wasn't normal behavior. I obviously wasn't a bright bloke.

But don't think that because you're only 20 you can't be an alcoholic; we've got quite a few young people in my homegroup AA and I remember thinking, 'No way, you're far to young to be an alcoholic', but when I heard some of their shares; they wouldn't have made it to my age the way they were drinking; I mean one of them used to take drugs so he could force more alcohol down his kneck. I just used to pass out at some point; the lightweight I am!

Good luck, and at least consider the 30 day thing; you've nothing to lose?
I don't use my age as an excuse, I have been at a much worse state in the past than I am now and that was likely at 19. I would like to think that one day I could be a person who could be a casual drinker when in social climate but I don't feel I'm at that point yet. Obviously it's just a matter of trial and error and if I feel I cannot be like that I would have to give up completely.

As I said when I began, I just feel I need to lay off for a while at least, I could always take it day by day to week or hopefully month. It's at the point that while I drink to relax or escape, I am only angry at myself afterwards.

Thanks for the reply.