View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 09:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
fuster
Late stage optimist

Fud, I was about a year and half sober when I found myself rolled up in a ball on the floor of my bedroom, crying, could not stop, could not get up and leave the house. A few days later I was chairing an AA meeting. I had been asked a week prior to chair the meeting and I had the whole thing planned out, but with the turn of events I ended up talking about what was going on with me, and yes, asking about 100 alcoholics present if I was going nuts.

Turned out to be the best thing I ever did. I got so much help just from folks telling me their story of when they were "going nuts" and yet they stayed sober and it all cleared up. Well, I was envigorated, if only temporarily, but things eventually cleared up (it took a few months to really get better, but it did).

Hit some meetings where you live. You'll find people "right were you are", or folks who have been there already. They can give you person to person support, and it really sounds like you can use it, just like I have needed it throughout my ten years of sobriety. It always gets better if you stay out of the way and seek out those who are struggling with the same disease.

:mj