Old 08-17-2009, 09:53 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
sfgirl

Originally Posted by notofeudalism View Post
I will adress your 2nd point first. I have been to dozens of AA meetings. They are a religious cult. They have been deemed as such by the US Supreme Court and people can not be forced to go to the. I will leave it at that.

Your first point makes me very sad. Just let aggravated assault go? Its that it? It was criminal and why you have millions of people who are very angry and, well I will not say any more about what. It is attitudes such as yours that perpetuate the police state and police abuses, and they are fought everyay successfully.
I will not sit here and listen about how I deserve everything I get, yet be told a police beating is a-ok and just just be forgotten about. Perhaps then my DUI should be forgotten about. I can't stand blatant hypocrisy and ignorance. Sorry.
I don't understand. Your original post said that you had been mandated to attend AA. I thought that too about the supreme court. I was going off of what you said. And regardless of what you think of the structure and program of AA (I did not get sober in AA— I understand AA reservations) that does not invalidate people's experiences that they share in those rooms.

You are hearing things I did not say. I didn't say you deserved the way the police treated you or that it was right. I just think that fighting it is an uphill battle. I have seen people try to file complaints against police for similar things and it is completely ignored. In any case if you wish to proceed against the police the best thing that can help you is full compliance with your criminal case and presenting yourself as sober, I would think. Picking my battles has been something I have learned in recovery. Some things are more about me being right than actual justice. It is a fine line. I can't make that judgment for you.

All that being said, I don't mind someone who is undecided about sobriety on SR, in fact I welcome it, but it is frustrating to have someone without a clear question who is antagonizing to suggestions and offers of help and advice.