View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
kj3880

Tsar,
Sadly, you are proving the point of people who are saying that a lot of old-timers are bitter and hostile to new folks.

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bitter. Newcomers and old-timers can have a lot of offer each other. Unfortunately, I haven't got much experience with old-timers helping me in the rooms. There is only one woman in my area with more than 20 who still goes to meetings. She is only sponsoring those people with more than about 10 years, understandably, as there is nobody else to sponsor them. There are about 5 women with more than 10 years in my area, so she takes care of them. She is my great-grandsponsor, She is in most of the womens' sponsorship families in this area, and she has done a lot for the program, but I haven't seen too many other old-timers willing to help new people.

Around here, they mostly keep to themselves. They even have their own special meetings and step studies at homes, to which you must be invited. My bf gets to some of them, as he's been around 8 years and has been invited.

KJ