View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Blondie

The meetings I attend are also by the book. One time a member tried to correct another member about something (cross talking) and was gently told by one of the older members that cross talking is not allowed. End of discussion. The rules are taken VERY seriously by our group. We also have a topic each week (I thought that was a normal format) and a group conscience meeting once a month.

It sounds like starting another group is a great idea, in my opinion. It doesn't sound like that particular group is following the format intended (could be wrong here). There is never cross talking allowed or gossip and NEVER talking to others outside the meeting about who was there and what they said and what advice to give them. These rules are set in stone for a good reason. People will stop feeling free to discuss what they need to in such meetings if they know that they will be judged and gossiped and corrected. How is THAT helpful? By what authority does THIS person have to correct others. Has she been appointed everyone's HP? In a nutshell, that sounds like what she is doing. Does she know better then your HP or anyone else's?

Tradition 2 States: "For our group purpose there is but one authority—a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants—they do not govern". It seems to me that this woman is trying to take the place of other's HP and one person does not make a group conscience.

Anyway, like CP said, you have choices:
A group conscience
Contact the district office
Find another meeting

Or you can put up with it and stew. It's YOUR life and YOUR recovery and serenity to take charge of how YOU see fit. Please, don't let someone else dictate your recovery and how you handle it.