View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cjsg

I believe it was Butterfly who mentioned running water etc. I went to detox and made friends with a man who reckoned he had spent close to 90 thousand dollars in his last year of crack smoking. I made friends with this guy and I hung around with him and his girlfriend a few short weeks after detox. He said crack always made his mouth dry, made him extremly hot, and after a short while he got all twitchy and tweaky . The day after leaving the detox he didnīt show up in the Outpatient therapy. After IOP I went to his house and his girlfriend was alone crying. The guy had gone out and disappeared. She told me that she always knew he was smoking crack because of the fact that he would go to the bathroom usually at night when she was assumed to be sleeping and immediately turn on the water and let it run. She reported the chemical sweet smell as well. I myself smelled the same thing on one of my few crack using sessions. I didnīt find it offensive, rather a light odor. Why the odor smelled like it did, well... I donīt know . Thereafter I always associated the odor with crack and smelled it various other times during my drug career This running water thing is strange, but in the short time I knew this man, he would smoke crack and come out in nothing but a towel. Or go get under my car like he was working and there for close to an hour only to come in and not notice he had burned his lip horribly with the glass pipe. This drug provoked some really strange behavior in this guy. I went with his girlfriend one time to find this guy as he had been gone for a day and His girlfriend had not heard from him since the day before. He had gone to his parents empty house... as we went in his girlfriend threw a huge boulder she found on the kitchen counter down into the garbage disposal and as we drew up on the bathroom I heard the water running in the bathroom...... I often wondered why he liked that noise. I Tried to get him to come to meetings but he obviously wasnīt done yet......sadly.