View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bernadette

OMG Harleygirl-- I would be very upset by this behavior.

I would be eager to share something like this at the next meeting:

"When I leave these Alanon meetings, which are anonymous for very good reason, I do not discuss the details of what I hear, or who I saw, or who said what.

While I may share a tidbit of wisdom with some other hurting soul, I would never, ever reveal the name of the source of said wisdom, nor the identity of any person attending these meetings.

It is clearly an important part of the AlAnon 12 Traditions, which we ignore at our own peril and the peril of the health of this AlAnon group.

For those of you here unfamiliar with the Traditions may I quote:

Tradition 11.
Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, films and TV. We need guard with special care the anonymity of all AlAnon members.

Tradition 12.
Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles above personalities.

I just wanted to share that I value these meetings and feel they are effective when we all follow the Traditions as they were so wisely created.

Thank you."

I hope you can resolve this--otherwise do you have any other meeting options? I know in some locations it is slim pickings....GOOD LUCK!!
peace,
b