View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156
harleygirl92156

Very Disruptive to al anon meetings

Looking for suggestions on how to handle a situation in an Al anon meeting.

The woman has befriended someone who was in the program and is now out of the program. Thing is she stopped coming to the meetings, but every week contacts her friend that still attends and gets the "low down" on what happened in the meeting. The the woman who does not attend goes to those who attend the meeting and tries to help them with their problems. It is obvious she knows word for word what was said. She also sends instructions to the meeting with the woman who goes. This week she pointed her finger at me and said "Because you are Co-dependent!" My response was "Well I use to be, but I don't think I am anymore." She again pointed her finger at me shaking it and said "Yes you are, you are Co-dependent."
I was really taken back. Some of the other meeting members came to my defense, but this woman argued with them also.
She has been in the program many years, more than me. Always was very kind and friendly with to me, until this other woman left the program.
Now it seems they have their own little meeting after our regular meeting, decide what is wrong with all of us and then the woman who attends brings the decisions back to the meetings and tells us all what is wrong with us, apparently me being the main target. I have let it go and let it go, but I also know people only treat you the way you allow them to treat you, so I want share some reading, Al anon information, something to make my point to this woman that 1. She needs to keep meeting information at the meeting. 2. She needs to stop taking others inventory.
Any suggested readings, information or suggestions from you all.