Old 08-16-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

I agree she is still blaming TWA for where things stand today, but at least the end excuses the means in that the children are able to stay out of harm's way.

I've done my share of codependent manipulation to fit my own ends, I'm no saint. Even as we were separating, I went behind his back to get him housing and a job. It quelled his manipulation of me to let him tag along to my new living arrangement and stopped any thinking on my part that he was being left homeless. Did I feel like a recovery failure for getting involved in something he should have done on his own, heck ya, but I had to let that all go. The end result was what was needed for me.

TWA, let any blame in the email continue to roll off you. Hug those children for their courage to stand up to XAGF and turn the tide in their favor. Then take a break and get back to some daily living with just you and the kids. You know, summer stuff like some good food on the grill, a little outdoor fun. Just breathe for a bit.

I'm sure there's more to come as she's not exactly 100% cured, right? For now, a battle has been won, but the war rages on.

Best wishes to you!

Alice