Thread: Sharing Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 02:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MrOsaka

Smile Day 20 Share...

Hello...My name is Mr.Osaka and today is day 20 for me.

The past few days I have been cleaning up a few of the messy things that I had created in my life. Namely, dealing with the "tax man". Really Really don't like that guy. Had not paid a dime in taxes since I came to Japan nearly 5 years ago, but now I need to pay them to get a new working visa so I can stay in the country.

This will be my 3rd fo round with the immigration office. This time of "Uncertainty" had been very difficult for me in the past, (have to wait for 30 to 60 days to find out if my application has been approved) which drove me to the bottle, but now is different. I'm allowing myself to feel the anxiety so I can process it in the correct manner. I am also building on the "sense of accomplishment" that we all get from taking care of our responsibilities.

I can really feel myself breaking the destructive habits from the past. It is encouraging and that encouragement is feeding my emotional and spiritual strength. Feels really good.

On another note...relationships have their contentious points and this one is no different. However, being of the mind that there is a positive and a negative to every situation, I have come to this conclusion:

After having been in so many extremely F'd up relationships, the situations that my partner considers "fights", I consider minor bumps. This causes me much less stress and it also allows me to help guide her through those bad moments. This point gives me a whole lotta hope for the future.

Hope everyone is getting by alright. Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited by MrOsaka; 08-15-2009 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Adding clarification information.