View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lucylechat

hello people... thanks for all your responses!

heads a bit more together now my posts above didn't really explain very clear as i was kinda in the middle of it...

hospital basically sent me away.. said it was withdrawal (no really?!)...said i wasnt high risk to keep in.... this was very unfair i feel... (sending me home unmedicated anyway wtf?)....
so i went straight to my doctor on the way home.... and explained what had happened- she thought i was just after more benzo's (as is aware of my addictive personality etc. etc- i really was NOT) so she sent me home also saying she thought it must just be a freak occurrence thing as i had been ok for weeks two and three after quitting so thought i'd be fine...

as soon as i got home went into another fit.. at which point my friend phoned his friend who is a pharmacist- told him the combination of things i am on... at which point alarm bells were ringing... apparently you are not supposed to start on a drug i am on for cravings in close proximity with chlordiazepoxide and he was sure this is what caused the seizures not anything to do with withdrawal... i totally agree, as does my doctor after i told her haha!!.. she put straight me back on a mini script of benzo's again and convulsions etc stopped.... phew!
how the hospital could not uncover this is beyond me as they also had this list of medications...
so in conclusion -thanks to my friend all was fine.

well that was all a bit long winded i sure can ramble

hope everyone else is doing great
xtessiex