View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HOPEKNOWS

Withdrawal from the Madness?

Is it possible I'm going thru withdrawal from my crazy life with the alcoholic? 1.5 weeks ago we settled my restraining order. It was granted for 3 years. He showed up but didn't contest it. Now I have a decent guarantee he is out of my life, though i know a RO is 'just a piece of paper'. (He's one of those guys that's scared to death of the law and anyone who stands up to him- now I fit into the latter category.) I'm glad I got what I needed/wanted but it's so weird without his craziness. I feel a little lost, like a big piece of my daily thoughts have been removed. They have, really. I used to worry about him and what /when he'd bug me again. You know, what will he write or say next? Something nice? And in the back of my mind I hoped he'd find the magical words/deeds to fix our relationship. I know that's not possible and I'm proud of myself for taking the steps to rid myself of his crap. But I still feel strange. I also feel like I want to go through some big changes all of a sudden. I have the urge to quit my job, move to a new town, go back to college, etc. Is this a common phenomenon? Or is my restlessness even related, do you think?