View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ToughChoices
Yield beautiful changes

Smile Still around....busy and happy

Hello, everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I wanted to stop back in and let everyone know that my son and I are doing well. It has been one year since I moved out and filed for separation (followed by divorce) from my XAH.

So far I've finished two of the nine rotations required for the completion of my degree, one in a small medical clinic and the other in a large, teaching hospital. I really enjoyed and learned a lot in both settings. My parents have been invaluable in helping me manage childcare for DS - I can't imagine being as successful in my schooling if I was still depending on my XAH for help.

My father, mother, son and I just got back from a family vacation - spent three days golfing in the mountains with my dad, then three more days kissing the cheeks off my new 4-month-old nephew......HEAVEN.

DS starts official, ride-the-bus, bring-your-backpack pre-school on Thursday, and he is SO EXCITED. I don't have a rotation this month, so I get to see him off on his first day and pick him up from school, too! DS is a healthy, happy, silly 4 year-old. He does not ask about his father or say that he misses him, but he's always happy when he gets a chance to see him.

XAH decided to quit his (very lucrative, flexible, and overall excellent) job in order to "find himself". I am trying to be open-minded about this move, but its difficult as it adversely affects my financial situation in a big way. For the past month he's been living off of his 401K, drinking, dating, and doing little else. I am concerned for him, but mostly I am grateful the our fates are no longer tied together. I have kept my mouth shut about his choices - I do not know his path. I will handle the financial situation with the assistance of my lawyer.

Right now, I am dating a delightfully funny, bright, and kind man (yes, they do exist) - who speaks to my heart and appeals to my head. We talk everyday and see each other once a week. It is a lovely, restorative relationship for me at this stage in my life.

I am so grateful for this website and the people who work their recovery here. SR was a key element in my move from despair to courage to empowerment and peace.

Thanks to all!

-TC