View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FreeBird09
I grew my wings to fly...

Fixing...

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
Yup! I have found my greatest advice has come from a lot of RA's on this site! And a few from my Al-Anon meeting. The insight they give IMHO is something we already know in our heart of hearts however I guess coming from them it sinks in a bit better?!

He needs to find help himself just like you or anyone for that matter needs to find it for themselves too. We want to just "Fix" everyone and have them be the way we want them to be so that things will be good. What really needs to be good is ourselves-it takes time but I have found that wasting my energy on others took a lot away from myself and what I needed to "Fix" within me.

you are traveling in the right direction keep moving forward and know there is a lot of people behind you to help support your journey!
Thank you for your advice. At this point in my life I don't want to fix anyone, and know that only God can intervene and it is not up to me which path he takes, or don't take. It just so happens that the guy I talked to last night was both my axbf and my high school classmate so the subject came up and we shared. He basically told me much of everything that I learnt on here, but the one thing that made a little bit of a difference was that he knows both of us, and knows the addiction AND has been in recovery AND is taking accountability for his actions. That really set me free a bit in my mind.

SR has been a life saver, along with my faith in God for myself to overcome. I have learnt a LOT in a year.