View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
Many that post to me love to bash and criticize me. The truth is I know more about sobriety then them. I simply just don't use what I know. I have been to treatment between 5-7 times. Sometimes court ordered and sometimes on my own. I've sat through hundreds of AA meetings and thats why I feel that AA somehow owes me. AA since 2004 and I'm still drunk yeah thats quite a success story! Maybe they can put my story in the next Big Book edition!
I dunno Tib. I thought I knew everything about my disease, I couldn't accept for 27 years that I had a problem. My best thinking got me two divorces and a long trail of wreckage, do not pass GO do not collect $200. I guess I wasn't as smart as I thought I was. And as far as the criticism and bashing goes, I know now that people in recovery always loved me unconditionally, even when the message was harsh.

I've been going to AA since 2/21/05, over 1600 meetings so far. Every time I wake up sober, I don't think I could ever repay AA for the life I have now.