Thread: Thoughts Please
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Midton

Tosh

I am in Japan as someone guessed before but I, like you are from the UK, although I'm from even further north than you were originally.

I've just finished work and am eating my dinner while online. I'm ok now but was surprisingly "thirsty" as my last clients left and I cleaned up. I wasn't really tempted to drink but the desire was definately there. After an earlier post I wrote today about being sure I had no desire to drink today I'm all the more worried about tomorrow. I know that if I can get to the end of my holidays sober I'll be ok for a while. Being a competitive type if I can get a sober run going I'm not going to want to break it.

I also got rid of all the alcohol I have in the house, even the stuff I don't drink. I'm just telling people that turning 42 tomorrow I've decided to quit drinking. I'm trying to advertise my sobriety to make it all the more difficult to start drinking again. If only they knew the real reasons.

I'm going to be on this site and using everyone's advice for a long time I hope and I sense.

As always much appreciated.