Old 08-10-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
coachlover

Angry Help my Husband is addicted to pain pills.

I am new here and have found everything helpful. However my Husband is addicted to pain pills for the second time in his life. The first time he went through a methadone clinic for help. All that money we spent to waste it again.

The first time I felt like he was cheating on me with the pills and I feel exactly the same way now. The pills and getting them come before everything.

I don't know where to go. I finally told his Sister today after months of dropping hints. He has threatened me if I said anything to his family.

I realize that I have been enabling him; thinking one day he will stop; so please don't harp on me that I am enabling him.

My Husband blames me for having to take the pills; either for something I did or that otherwise he cannot live with a bitch like me. I don't want him to have to be an addict to stay married to me. I only complain when I know he is taking money I could be paying bills with.

He takes so much money from our family. I also recently found out he is draining his savings account; his personal account that he says I have no say over. So in addition to everything he is taking from our checking he is also taking the savings.

He steals money from me any chance he can get. If it meant we wouldn't eat because of it he would buy the pills first. I have had to stop all my luxuries so he can get his "treats" as he calls them.

He gets them from a friend he used to work with or his friends themselves. They are the ones that pushed it on him the second time.

He is only nice to me when he is high or when he is getting money to go there. If I bring anything up that he needs help he gets worse and won't talk about it at all.

He has no sexual interest in me; helping my self esteem even better. However, he flies off the handle if another man would even talk to me.

Anyone know what my next step should be? He says he can handle it on his own. I know that isn't true he has been telling me that forever.