View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
I suffer two actually alcoholism and bi-polar.
Of course no one on SR has EVER inquired as to how my mental illness situation is going. I suffered mental illness BEFORE I ever picked up a drink. I guess I really am terminally unique.

Mr. Tiburon

I do not have bipolar, but I do have depression and anxiety plus alcohol addiction. The reason I picked up was because of mental illness...the depression was bad for at least a year before I began drinking.

Check out the mental health section here at SR. There are lots of us who deal with mental illness and addiction every day. There are several who have bipolar with addiction. People here understand what you are going through.

Tib, you know that your bipolar cannot be under control if you are still using substances. You have to abstain 100% for your medications to be effective. Only then do you have a good chance of getting your illness under control. You have to take your medications the way you are supposed to and give them a chance to work. If your doctor is prescribing you benzos you need to get a new doctor now. Find a competent doctor who will prescribe the meds you need for your illness.