Thread: Thoughts Please
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Midton. As others have already said, I will back them up, if you think you have a problem........... you have a problem. As already mentioned alcoholism is a progressive disease............ the more an alcoholic drinks, the worse it gets, it never stabilizes, it always gets worse!

when I start I can't stop.
Now that jumped right out at me, I can relate to this, before I progressed to drinking daily that is how I was for many years, the longer I drank, the more I drank and the more often I drank until it was a daily NEED! I reached the point where I drank when I did not want to.

The sooner one determines they have a problem and does something about it the easier the actual stopping will be, the biggest problem is staying stopped!!!!

Many of us use programs to aid in staying stopped, I use AA but AA is not the only one, check them out, pick one and here is the secret to a program working:

In order for a recovery program to work no matter what program it is one must work the program, one must be willing to do what ever their program of choice suggest no matter what!

Stay in the day, you do not have to never drink again, just do not drink today no matter what, then when you wake up in the morning sober and without a hangover commit to not drinking that day and to doing what ever it takes that day to not drink.