View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 01:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Great thread!!

What I like of SR is that there are all these diff. paths and with every story I realize there is just no power against alcoholism.. people try everything--- and in the end its still the same story (for the majority)

Even if they stop drinking for a while..3rd rehab... lose family and KIDS, for God's sakes... (losing unique time while children are still babies, how can someone miss that..) relapses and dry drunks and more emptiness or progression... there is just no way to "fight it"--

I agree regrets come from a place of deep soul searching and if you are out there passed out its a little difficult to stop and listen and look back at your actions. That is why they say, in later stages of alcoholism they start looking at the past with regret.. I can imagine you see your friends married, your ex drinking buddies have diff interests... and they can no longer hide it as social drinking... and see they have invested in nothing and thrown the people that would have stayed with them, really cared, out of their lifes in exchange for buddies that do not give a damn about them...

It should be hard to look at the long list of losses and to start seeing the pattern... and how more than one person is afraid of you and want to stay as far away as you as possible... and you can quack and lie about why is that... but deep down you know exactly why..

I wish you all the best in your recovery