Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
liesagain

want to hear something............theres a big difference in boys and girls.............my son straight up told me............listen mom I know ALL about diseases you keep telling me that and I know about safe sex AND I KNOW you think I should wait...................but MOM honestly the first girl that says YES I'm doing it...............I think he was about 14 at that time...........
today hes 18, and i have seen the condoms in his drawer..........sadly it doesnt freak me out the same way it did with my daughter.........

but overall I think we(the kids and I ) have pretty open conversations.........
I know they will have sex..............with my daughter i stress her safety and respecting herself...........which isnt an issue shes a strong willed educated independant young woman

with my son, I preach.....every GIRL is someones sister or daughter............I want you to think long and hard about how you woulod feel if someone treated your sister poorly............and TREAT ever girl as you would want your sister treated.........

boys or at least my boy........is really open he feels there no topic thats off limits and sometimes tells me things and I have to say..................woooh to much INFO.

but I'm glad he knows I'm here and they both know they are loved and feel ok talking to me.........for the most part

In 5 years tjp.............you'll be grateful for open communication...........keep working for that