Thread: Depressed XAH
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
spinner

My recovering and recently ex ABF has threatened suicide several times, in what I think is an attempt to get attention. We talked seriously about suicide on other occasions and he always said he wouldn't do it because of the horrible legacy it would leave his kids (no mention of me).

Since I left him he has also threatened suicide. I discussed this with my therapist as one of the ways he would try to get me back. She said the best thing is to call 911. I think he might also threaten to hurt his cat as I am a real cat lover and could not stand to think of an innocent animal being hurt. If that happened I would probably go over to his place and try and get the cat. My therapist suggested I call the Humane Society instead. She said I should let the professionals handle things if he is really suicidal/felinicidal and if he is just trying to get attention it might stop him doing it again.

Today he phoned me up and said he had tested positive for HIV. I knew he was just making this up so I told him to call back when he had something sensible to talk about and hung up.

You may be wondering why I answer the phone. Well, I am TRYING to have a friendship with this man, but not sure if it's going to work.

Spinner