Thread: Depressed XAH
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
blessed4x

Learn2Live....thanks for the perspective! I get what you are saying. I really don't feel like I got sucked into the drama. I did the best I could at the time. I think I'm okay with how it all turned out. He passed out (apparently), his neighbor checked on him, and my conscience was clear. I have had no contact with him since, and that's fine by me.

We have 4 kids together, those 4 kids love their dad and even though he is not in a position mentally right now to be a part of their lives, I am hopeful that some day he will be.....however, I know it's not my job to get him there. He has court ordered visitation with them every other weekend and one night a week. Thank goodness he has not kept any of his visitation, but if he got a wild hair and decided to do it there would be nothing I could do. So, unfortunately, our lives will be tied together to some extent as long as our children are minors.

I know him pretty well after 22 years of marriage, and I believe he is clinically depressed, and would not be a bit surprised if he did attempt suicide. This was never one of his methods of manipulation in the past, but things are different now that we are not together.

So, we'll see what this weekend brings. I stick by my plan to call the police if needed. Tomorrow would have been our 22 anniversary. I'm going to an Alanon/AA dance to celebrate my newfound freedom!