Old 08-07-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Daisy09
Optimist

Originally Posted by mistycshore View Post
Anyway, after starting the morning in pretty hopeless state of mind, I had an epiphany: The absolute worst thing that could happen would be bankruptcy. That's not likely to kill us - so it's going to be okay, sooner or later, one way or another.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Hi Misty

Your post made me think of a converstion I had with my husband last night that I had been thinking of sharing...

We were just hanging out and I noticed he wasn't wearing his wedding ring. He leaves it off at home a lot, so I hadn't noticed before. He broke down crying and admitted to me that he had pawned it during his last relapse a few weeks ago. I wasn't angry, but at first I felt odd about not being angry. Then I realized why I wasn't, and I told him: Money and things are just that - money and things. They aren't real. They don't matter. We and our children are clean, clothed and well fed. We have a home to live in, and we are all together and healthy. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I try very hard to be positive as much as I can in any situation. If there's a positive side to my husband's addiction it is this: that I have learned to appreciate things that really matter and not be wrapped up in the things that don't.

Thanks for sharing your epiphany, Misty. I hope you have a good day, too

Love to all,
Daisy