View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Prozac

I'm assuming that you are still in school and at home from your post. I'd start advocating now for therapy if you aren't in it already to address your self-esteem issues.

I recognize the fear of being put in a home, yet hear you say how uncomfortable your dad's comments/actions make you. While my AF was blatantly inappropriate, making comments about my weight, etc (when I wasn't overweight, just not perfect amongst many other things) he never made me feel uncomfortable sexually - just as a person (*insert sarcastic smile*). If it is possible I'd set a firm line with your AF. Let him know how he is making you feel. I'm not saying it will fix it, but go from there if it doesn't. And no hugs if you aren't comfortable! Remind him of the rights that you have and the consequences that he could face, even if you have to hint at it. I'm not sure how much longer you have to go...

As a victim of sexual abuse though (not from my AF), if you think your dad is capable of it or has attempted it, please don't hide it. From personal experience (refusing to talk about my abuse) I know of at least three other people who were victims after me. I still struggle with that guilt.