View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MeHandle
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

" Then Mom, I am an adult, if it is actually a mistake to drink it is my mistake to make. I can't give or tell you anything more to dispel your fears. I assure you I want what is best for me too. "

If you continue down the path of basing your decisions on people pleasing, specifically your mom, you will have a different issue going into your wedding and your marriage to deal with. worriedalot, you're an adult, about to become a partner. Shouldn't your decision first serve what is healthiest and best for you and your future husband? Your healthy behaviors in action serves others the best in the long run too. Honesty , without worry, order of responsibility in regards to people. Actual healthy behavior. Are you questioning your ability to drink and this is all just to mask the issue or is this about people pleasing mom, as it appears from what you reveal?

Matthew 6:33-34 (New International Version)

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Can you seek the righteousness of serving yourself and others with honesty? You can't control your mothers reaction with worry. If you truly have no concerns in taking a drink then such a conversation should set you free and give you peace, no matter what mom's reaction is, don't you think?

In my opinion, the best person to be getting support from and running this past is your future husband. Your behavior and decision in this matter effects and impacts him too.

love tammy

Last edited by MeHandle; 08-04-2009 at 08:47 PM.