View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RecoveryPath

Activities are a great idea but I would recommend that you start off with something where you can gradually get good at (i.e salsa classes,etc..), so that you can appreciate your improvement at something completely new.

If you have the chance, also try horse-riding as it can really teach you to be in control and focused without much effort. I personally found it a great experience.

Reading and walking are a good start if you feel comfortable being on your own, otherwise I would suggest different activities to begin with where you can genuinely socialize with others, this can help you find your direction in life again. Also stay connected online like you are doing and maybe try an online support community, like myrecoverynet.com to share your experience with others and you will get the right amount of support whenever you need it.

Whatever you decide to do, just know that you are not alone and we have all been there at some point. Don't be too harsh on yourself, what you are doing for yourself is the best thing and it's not easy. Keep up the good work.