Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
PurpleCat
Meow

Originally Posted by KimmyG View Post
I appreciate all of your inputs.... I think that is definitely a start for me. I'm not going to say this will be easy by any means for me. As I may not be a true alcoholic, many of the activities that I and my friends participate in involve drinking. I have a gazillion friends that I'm with every weekend, all of which drink. Taking myself out of the "scene" is going to be hard, but I can't go out and not drink at this point, as sad as that seems. Also, there is no escape for me... I have 2 roommates both of which drink as well and people are often at our home on the weekends, swimming at our pool.

I believe one of my roommates (the one of which I spoke about) would support me, but I don't believe she would cut back on her own drinking as she'll see it as my problem and her not having one.

Where to go to get away? My parents drink, so that's a no-go... I'm clueless on how to even stop drinking for a month as pathetic as that sounds. But I am fully ready to take the plunge to sobriety for at least a month... it can't be THAT hard right? Or can it?

I am in the same boat as you are. My husband drinks a lot. I am not about to cut him out of my life, but I am going to have to figure out a way to both tolerate his drinking and stop my own. It's my single biggest fear about this whole thing.