View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
waterfountain

Hey guys!
Had a rough week. I found out on Thursday from a close co-worker that our new boss (new as of tomorrow) had wanted to report me a couple of months ago because someone thought I sounded drunk when I called in sick (I had been vomiting all morning that day, I remember, and was far from drunk), and thus fueled a rumor-mill that may or may not have dissipated, I honestly have no way of knowing. This has really weighed heavily on me; I've felt strong urges to drink, incredible anxiety about what my work-image is, general depression about my situation in and dissatisfaction with life.... In short, I've been feeling pretty damn down. I've felt like crying at the tiniest things; situations that should bring me amusement or happiness have left me feeling instead ashamed and depressed.
How do I get out of this funk?
I feel too directionless to go for a walk, too worn out to work out, not ambitious enough to read, even playing games or watching movies feels immediately useless......

Reb, what you wrote about, the 34-year old - that has certainly helped me keep away from the drink during this funk. *cringe* That is scary stuff.
*sigh* My brain hurts.
I'm going to go check out our arcade here at SR and hope my mind slows down with these negative emotion-evoking thoughts.

Hope everything's going well for everyone!