Thread: Depressed XAH
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MeHandle
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Call the police, you can't know if it is manipulation, a good-bye or both.

If you don't know where he is at at the time of such a call ...........you are free to make any choice you want in that moment. It is one of those things you have to choose for yourself. I have an opinion and I don't want to share it on a public forum.

STBXAH has already informed me he would kill himself when i divorce him.
I had the talk with him when he was straight about how I viewed that,( selfish decision), and its possible repercussions , especially for his children. I let him know that 'if he informed me' with such a threat i would call the police and do nothing else. Then I said,
"i am not your savior." and bit down the urge to say out loud "don't you see, this is another example of how much you need help, go get help."

He called me and said good-bye to me once when i wasn't home, he accused me of being out "cheating" on him, i was out detaching. This is after i asked him for the divorce. I didn't call the police as i decided it was a manipulation. My best friend gave it to me for not calling as i know better. It was also my opportunity to get him out of the house since he was refusing to leave it for separation. I should have called the police. For me, for my kids, for him.

love tammy

I need to go find the statistic, but suicide by active alcoholics who threaten suicide is high, and higher in comparision to others that threaten. Do we have that information somewhere here on this site, or does someone else know where this is before i go do do the work to track this down?