Thread: Depressed XAH
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blessed4x

Depressed XAH

Last night, around 11, I started getting texts from XAH. Started out that he still loved me and apoligized for ruining our lives. Progressed to him saying he should have killed himself a long time ago and he was going to "check out". Then no response when I tried to contact him. I see now that it was another game.

I took the bait and checked on him (had his friend that lives next door check). He's done some really crazy and manipulative stuff over the years, threatening suicide was never one of them. I know he's depressed. I know he's misusing prescription pain meds. I know I can't fix him. Having worked in healthcare for many years I also know that a threat of suicide is something that should be taken seriously.

I don't even have his address or I would have simply called the police and had them go check. I think I'll get it should this occur again. Any other advice on how the best way to handle this would be? I honestly believe that he is capable of harming himself, but to the rest of the world he seems pretty together. I won't/can't be his savior, and I've come way too far to backslide in my own recovery. I'm open to suggestions.