View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
shaun00

Originally Posted by haggard View Post
hi all. im new here today, and this feels a little weird, but i desperately need to get alcohol out of my life...
i went through a bad time a couple of years ago and that was when i started drinking to escape my problems, drinking made coping with things easier and now drinking daily has become as natural to me as getting up in the morning.
today i have a hangover, but my first thought on waking was the last bit of wine left in the bottle, i know im going to go and have it in a minute but i hate it.
i got off the drink for a few months a few years ago, but this was only because i found a new addiction to things a little harder than alcohol. since kicking that addicition the alcohol addiction has come back, and before that it was an addiction to food. its as if i have to have an addiction. i wish i was just a normal person, but even when i try my hardest and pretend im enjoying a nice cup of coffee i know ill always be an alcoholic, and ill always wish that i was holding an ice cold gin and tonic instead.

i cant imagine a life without alcohol, it scares me, but i think im going to end up killing myself and that scares me even more.
Thats the way i imagined it would be...or alcohol tricked me into thinking that way.
In fact without implementing the 12 steps in my life it was much like you described.....and i also had ideas of ending it all..
i just couldnt imagine life without booze.....even sober it was tough.

BUT DONT MISS THE MIRACLE.........there is a solution if your an alcoholic like me and hundreds of others that attend aa AND..apply a simple program of recovery outlined in the big book of alcoholics anonymous.

i know ..i know...im like a saleman...BUT....Take it from this gutter drunk...life can be content and happy without booze.
im not special thousands if not millions of people recover from alcholism and live the life you wish for.

get some medical advice and phone the aa helpline.....

keep us posted and if i can be of any help feel free to pm me.