Thread: posted bond
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Go to the court, express your concerns and have his bond revoked and have him picked up. Then, don't walk away, run.
Actually I believe you can do it with the Bondsman. Write a letter, send it 'Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested' that you are 'revoking' the bond. Once you have the returned card, that they indeed did sign for the letter, then you can call them or take that card with a copy of the letter to the court. That gets you OFF THE BOND and you are not responsible for it. It is then up to the Bondsman to get him to sign his paperwork, or get a 'co-signer', or take him into custody.

There are some Bondsmen, that will not take a girlfriend or spouse on a bond, as it the person signing can use it over the person's head ie 'you don't do this or that and I'll revocke your bond.' They feel it becomes a 'control issue.' I believe Duane Chapman (Dog the Bounty Hunter) is one of them.

Sounds like a lazy bondsman to me. Only you can decide if his 'actions' are showing progress, and that he will be there for his court date or not.

Check your motives very carefully. If you are trully fearful of the possible financial liability you might want to revoke. If it is to 'control' and to know where he is then you might want to give revocation a second think.

J M H O

Love and hugs,