Thread: posted bond
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dogged

posted bond

ok i did something stupid, months ago i posted bond for my boyfriend, it was his money so i didnt care, but i didnt realize what i was signing..anyway to make a long story short he was inrecovery doing really well for almost a year..then he went back home and havent seen him for 3 days, he has called me once..we argued, he turns his phone off and im keeping track of where he is at through the phone service since i own the phone..problem is he doesnt go back to court til this fall..i feel that i cant break up with him til he shows up for court.otherwise i will owe money,,ive talked to the bail bondsman, and they said to keep the relationship going as long as i can since if he goes on the run it will cost me air time and whatever other expenses that accure while trying to catch him..i dont know if he is coming back or not, or if he will go back to court when he is suppose to., he may face some jail time..i dont know..he is scared of doing more time, so i can see him not showing up for court..do i call them now and tell them he is somehwere in ********** and they look for him? or do i take my chances? i hate to be the one to have him arrested for fear of the unknowen? and if arrested it will look bad when he goes to court,,i have no proof of anything of what he is doing but im sure its not good,,, as of right now the chance of probation is good and if i have him arrested he may actually go do some time? i dont know what to do... i want to protect myself, but yet i dont want to cause more issues with him legally than necessary