Thread: is this petty?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
IPT

Hi liesagain - I have no experience what so ever with someone in recovery so I don't have much to offer though the people above did . I can tell you that I have been super frustrated with my XAGF for "simple things" like what you are talking about. What my counselor pointed out to me was that I was expecting "normal" reactions from someone who at the moment was just incapable of them. It sort of changed my thinking some, and seems to be in agreement with what was written. It helped a little, but it still hurt and I struggled understanding how something that seemed so simple to me could be overwhelming and impossible to her. If anything the responses you got above helped me to see it better from "the other side" so hopefully it helps you too.

I'm glad that your H is in rehab and working to recover. My AGF is now an X because she just wasn't ready to take action to change things. It breaks my heart but it was out of my control and she was making my life unmanagable. I send you love and good wishes for s successful outcome .