View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Raineydae

Hungry, Angry, Lonely & Tired!

I have been suffering from a (now thankfully unusual) desire to drink over the last week.
My Dad has recently been diagnosed with cancer and I am very sad about it. It is affecting his brain and so he is not quite himself.
I have always had a bit of a "difficult" relationship with my mother; she was abused herself as a child and finds it difficult to relate to me. We tend to fight and disagree a lot. She is also disabled and wants me to do a lot to help her now. She is getting worried about how she will cope with my dad and keeps saying everything is hopeless.
My mother's behaviour is making me angry , when my partner works late I find that I am lonely and have nowhere to vent anything after she calls me. I am permanently worn out trying to balance work and helping my parents.
This is definitely when I want to pick up a drink. It was almost too much last night but luckily I had no alcohol in the house!

Has anyone else had difficult situations that have given rise to strong emotions and a desire to drink and gotten through them? I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks xx