View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
HideorSeek

Hi my sweet friends!

As I scrunch down into the chair and take a long sip of my Diet Dr Pepper, I want to tell you how much I missed all of you! I have read all the posts, but a blanket "thanks" will have to do! Hope no one minds...

So, we got home Tues (well, weds actually) at 1:30 am and yesterday was filled with restocking the fridge, catching up with the girls and...drum roll, please...doing my 4th Step with my NEW sponsor (the one I told you all about)!!!! I just love her...we have much in common (which is good), but many differences as well (which is ALSO good). I had written it while we were away. Honestly, Least (and Stoney), it isn't as bad as I feared. One of my workbooks likens it to cleaning house: sort of looking at what's there and deciding what you want to keep and what you want to discard. I'm an avid writer anyhow and had done a lot of soul searching this winter. But it was a relief to tell someone (other than my family) of my plusses and minuses...particularly to another alcoholic. We hooted over some of our similar "schemes" and altho I have known this woman for quite a while, the honesty and bonding were liberating. Tomorrow, I will read her "my story" and we'll go from that onto resentments...I was so worried about her expectations and my fears, but I finally just threw up my hands ( Bee and jumped without thinking (like you all suggested). I had FAITH that it would be OK and that I would get what I needed.

So...um, other than THAT, I have decided on a new "me", in terms of style and bought some fun clothes while away. I 'm into long and flowy...so I have lots of gauze skirts and sari skirts, fun capris, and lots of belts (I've decided that I'm into belts). I think I'm reliving my hippy days!!! When I was active, clothes just covered my body (and a lot of black, I might add). Now, I'm a rainbow of colors and that feels suited to my SPIRIT....

So, my dear friends, I'm glad to be back among you and have a computer that's normal sized!

Love to you all!!!

lizzy