View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

What a day!!!!!!!!!!!

Got up and waited for my friend as we were taking my car up to sell today and get the cash. My friend Shaun rings about the flat i am staying in, apparently the agent wants to bring someone round to view it for rental, so had to ring them and explain that i want to rent it etc so all good but made me a bit late. Got to car and put stuff in bags, hottest day this year btw and it is hot! Take the stuff back to flat and i see the owner of the bar i used to drink in for 5 years standing by the lifts, i just asked what are you doing here and he said something about work, shook hands and bye! Oh i used to be his friend but i did some awful things in order to get barred from his bar a couple of years ago as i thought this would help my drinking, it didn't i drank even more.

So we are off, late! Have to drive the one hour there without coffee break as planned, road works too! The buyer rings and says he will be late. Counting the money in the car which must have been a million degrees and miscounted 3 times but alll good. So we are going to lunch which involves walking about a mile, we could see where we were going to across the road but it is a motorway! My friend is going on and on and on and on about what people are wearing, what cars are crap, etcetc...at this point im just ignoring him.

Then we get to TGI Fridays for lunch. I forgot to mention that this place is called Puerto Banus and is one of my old stomping grounds in the bad old days. So a tonne of memories come from nowhere, rolling in over and over...all bad! The meal was horrible, then we got a taxi drive back home. By the time i hit Gibraltar i just said to my friend i need to go and lie down and did....for 2 hours!

The normal scenario would be to get absolutely **** faced, but as i did not think about drinking even once, it wasn't an option i had to take all this emotional stuff and own it, you know like normal people!

I made my way tonight to the AA meeting, as soon as i got there i was thinking thank God for AA, looking at the clock in the meeting wishing it to slow down a bit, then we went for coffees and peace again was once restored...i ******* love my AA meetings! There are a few more people coming to our Saturday meeting up the coast so we have a full car load now....lovely ******* jubly! And tomorrow at 3pm is counselling hoo haa!

Starting step 4 tomorrow...gulp;-)