Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
IPT

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
two challenge question for you IPT.....is the great sex WORTH the price? how big a part DOES sex play? you don't have share your responses, i'm not asking you to bare your soul! but we do have to get RUTHLESS when we examine OUR participation in unhealthy situations.....what GOT us there, what KEPT us there, what PULLS us back.
Thanks as always for your input. The fact is it was great, but it was too much of what constituted the "relationship" and as good as it was, the price was becoming too high anyway. Truth is, I craved more (from the relationship) and never got it, so the sex kept me hooked while I was waiting (again) for the rest of the fantasy to come true....or for me to "win her over" and realize that she was not what I wanted anyway.

Part of the pain is directly related to her not contacting me. I know if she called I would get a sense of instant releif because it would mean I was important to her. After all we've been thru it would be nice to know I was at least important to her....though I also know I should not base my worth or self esteem on someone else's actions, or lack of them .