View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DontBurnThePig

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
he will NOT learn how to control himself while drinking or doing drugs.....addiction is PROGRESSIVE...the more you use, the longer you use, the worse it gets. always worse. there is NO cure. he can never successfully drink again. BUT HE CONTINUES TO DO SO. which means it will continue to spiral out of control and get worse and worse. his violent outbursts will become more frequent. he'll do more jail time, either for DV or DUI or the like. he may be hospitalized, he will certainly get sicker and sicker.

that's your ride if you stay with him.
I thought I was done with this when I asked him to move back to his family's state back in June. We were going to wait until his court date for a DUI probation violation (he skipped a drug test a month prior), and then he was going to move back home afterward.

So, a couple weeks after we decided to split up was when the "incident" happened that led me to call the police and put him in jail.

I wasn't going to allow him back into my home until I saw how healthy he looked at court last week. So, I bailed him out of jail (on the dom viol incident) and now he's waiting out court again. I told him he could stay with me indefinitely as long as he is a) respectful and b) sober.

Needless to say, the sobriety went out of the window yesterday, and the respectfulness followed right behind.