Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
joedris

Originally Posted by Angsty View Post
I know that my drinking is something that I am in control of, and that I am choosing to continue it.

that I can't stop once I've started is precisely the problem... I'll drink until there isn't more to drink (or until there isn't any point to drinking more because I'm ready to pass out). We buy really cheap wine (the famous "Two Buck Chuck") by the case because we go through it so fast... although the "we" is really me.

I've decided to quit and changed my mind about 5 times already today. I wonder when I'll get off the merry-go-round?
If you can't stop drinking once you start, then you really aren't in control of your drinking, are you? And the fact that you're debating whether or not to stop, but then decide against it, indicates to me that you recognize that you may have a problem but don't want to accept the fact. There's no one here who can tell you that you have a problem with alcohol. That's something you have to decide on your own. I would suggest that you take a hard, honest look at yourself and your drinking. That's the only way you're going to get off the merry-go-round.