Thread: Numb Founded
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dreamstones

Just wanted to give update after talking to my Mom this morning. Sister is still in intensive care after 4 days, pretty much out of it still. They have her restrained because she keeps pulling out IV's (DT's I'm guessing). They are going to do some kind of procedure on her esophugus to stop bleeding. She also got fired from her job, her boss left message on my Mom's machine. Do you think this is rock bottom?

I still haven't gone to hospital and will not, I can't do this again. I pray she gets better, I pray she finds the help she needs to get sober once and for all. I also pray for my Mom, she is taking this very hard and feels guilty. Even with all her involvement with Al-Anon, she isn't taking this latest episode very well.

Going through this with my sister is deja-vu, it was around 25 years ago that we went through all this with my late Dad, even down to the "fried" esophugus that has been eaten away by alcohol. He went through this about 4 times before he died, sis is following in his path as well. The only difference between the two is she "hides" her drinking, whereas Dad would state he is going to drink, he is going to get drunk, and nobody is going to stop him. :wtf2