View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DontBurnThePig

I just don't know when to give up....

Boyfriend got out of jail on Thursday after 29 days in jail for domestic violence (against me). I hadn't been planning on talking to him at all, but when I saw how much healthier he looked after those 29 days, and when I heard how much he reflected on how badly he had treated me in jail, I really believed him when he said all he wanted to do was concentrate on his sobriety.

We have had 4 days of absolute perfection...and I really thought he had hit his rock bottom in jail and was starting to pull himself out.

Then I get home from work at 8pm tonight, and he's in a xanax coma. Not only xanax, but he's been drinking beer on top of it. Totally blacked out right now, and completely has no idea what the heck is going on. He keeps trying to do things, like laundry, or cleaning, or going for a walk...but then forgets what he's doing and starts to pass out, only to jerk awake again in a few more seconds and get angry.

I don't understand what clicked in his head this morning to make him go out and buy drugs/alcohol. I just don't know how to deal with this anymore...