View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wolfchild
Disposable Hero

Stupidity, much like insanity, is up for daily revision! Thank God no one has to live life or recover from addiction according to my terms!!

What i know about stupidity and the process of thought i use to arrive at that judgement puts me within my own prison of feeling superior to other people. When i began to recognize God's authority to hold people accountable for their actions, i became free of arrogantly condemning people based on my perceptions about the results of their actions. i have learned how to feel good about myself and my progress in life without having to put other people down. i get in touch with self acceptance when i refuse to determine what direction someone else appears to be heading in. i find empathy for others growing stronger when i remember that i have acted stupidly during the course of my life as well. i risk becoming unwilling to help people when i start classifying their lives as pointless and beyond recall. i know this because i have done it. The results of disqualifying people from the hope that we all share daily has lead me down paths that i used to travel on in active addiction. i must remain open minded about myself and others so that i can maintain the emotional stability that has become very valuable to me. Staying in conscious contact with the God of my understanding helps me with my attitudes and behaviors that could result in causing harm to myself or others. Writing a gratitude list and being responsible for my own recovery helps me to remain humble with the things i cannot change and the things i can change. The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions become more real to me as i continue to incorporate them into my daily life.

i have faith that you will become more willing to accept reality, yourself,
and others just as it all is and continue surrendering to a new way of life.