View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tryingforhim

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
The point ian't about liking alcohol, of course you do, you're an alcoholic. Do you like the fact that your drinking is ruining your life and probably the childhood of your son? Read the facts, your drinking greatly increases the risk for your child to become a problem drinker plus develop other disorders. I lost my childhood because of my father's drinking. Perhaps you should begin the true process of recovery for yourself and those you love. You might want to think about professional help for detoxing. I've know people who "tapered" off for years. All my best.
Thanks, I don't know that it's ruining his childhood. I sure it will be better once I stop. He's never seen me drunk, I don't drink during the day and until recently I had little more than a couple of drinks at all when he was with me. I drink mostly at night before bed. Of course when he's not with me I'm out every night having 7 or 8 pints of beer then home to finish off a quart of whiskey but when he's there, none of that. I am a doting loving father and he is the be all and end all to me.

Everynight since he was old enough to talk our nightly ritual has been.

Me - "Do you know how much love you"
Him - "More than anything the universe"
Me - "What's the best thing to ever happen to me"
Him - "Me"

But financially I'm barely hanging on. I'm behind in rent, in car payments and other stuff. This is the first year we haven't been able to go back to my hometown. There were other circumstances besides the drinking contributing to this like being off work for 3 weeks but I suppose that could be from the drinking too.