View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tryingforhim

Hi, I'm Tryingforhim

I posted here years ago but I couldn't remember my user name. I posted how much I drank and wondered how much effect it would have on my liver and was scared to see a doctor. Well this past November I started having extremely violent dizzy spells to the point of almost passing out. I was forced to find a doctor and was fortunate to find someone I really like.

My blood pressure was through the roof. 180/120. I was immediately put on medication and he did blood tests on my everything including my liver as I was completely honest with him about my drinking. He asked if I wanted to stop, I told him I wanted to get control. He gave me a mild sedative to help with the withdrawals and told me not to quit cold turkey. I haven't been able to quit at all. I've gained about 60lbs and I was overweight to begin with. My hip went on me a few weeks ago and I was off work for 3 weeks.

I don't feel healthy at all. I'm 43 with a 14 year old boy. I want to see him grow up so I'm trying for him. Tonight I will have a glass or two of wine and one of the sedatives and try and ween myself off. I had been seeing my doctor regularly but he's on vacation for the month of August.

The trouble is that I like drinking but it's affecting and my finances and without either of them under control I'm not much good to my son. I hope I can do this.