View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
paula2009

I actually talked to her caseworker this past week (who has been involved since last time she got out of rehab 2 1/2 yrs ago). I told her everything I knew, ect: She is a great lady who I know cares about my nephew and has seen him when he was happy (when I had him and when mom was in NA). I told her that was why I called her cause I know she cares. I also told her that my husband and I would take him in if/when he is removed from the home. She said that would be possible despite us living in a diff. county.
My husband and I don't need 2 seconds to think about taking him back-I have countless pics of when he lived with me and how awesome he looked. I can still remember holding him in my arms to fall asleep some nights. Some of my family members have said that I am "too attached" to him at times and have told me to "let him go"; but I can't and won't. Maybe cause I don't have any children of my own and he was my first "baby". Him and I have always shared a special bond too. Whenever I get to to a family function and he is there, he comes right over and hugs me and says he wants me to come to his house and take him places, ect: He is my little sweetheart. Here I am ranting, but I guess there is no way to express the way I feel about that little guy...thanks for listening...
I think next time I see him, if I hear anything bad or he doesn't look happy-I will really fight and do and say what I need to get him out,
Paula