Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
49er_fan

Recently I've been searching for conflict in my life...

I've recently found myself searching for conflict and things to get a rise out of me. I read the news and engross myself in stories that really don't affect me. I absorb bad news, like the economy, or world problems, wars, etc. I want to feel like I can make a difference in these things if I let myself feel bad.

I read the hatred that is spilled out of people's mouths in political discussion boards embedded in news stories. I take sides. I'm liberal, so I read posts by conservatives just so I can get angry with them. If I was conservative, I'd probably be angry at posts by liberals. I also turn on conservative talk radio just so I can get a rise and really hate what they are saying.

My problem? There is nothing wrong with my life right now. I go to work, I exercise, I go out with friends, I have a loving wife. Everything is good. I feel this sick need to seek out conflict, to seek out someone to disagree with just so I can feel better about myself. It's very defeating. I want it to stop.