View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
tony13

Hey guys and gals. I haven't posted here in a long time, but I'm still on track and part of the class. I just spent some time catching up on the thread. I'm happy to see several of us having success.

When I finally made the decision to give up alcohol forever I remembered how much I used to enjoy other things. I've been on a strict running program that has me running my best times since high school nearly 20 years ago. I've also been attacking non-fiction books. Whenever I stumble upon a subject that interests me I grab a book from the library. I'm in the middle of reading books on all of our presidents. Fascinating stuff.

I could have never done this while I was drinking. I would drink so much that it would take 2 or 3 days for it to work its way out of my system, so exercising was difficult to fit in. Reading was out of the question, since remember anything I read while drinking was impossible. Not to mention that I was destroying my short term memory.

I don't spend nearly as much time on the internet anymore, but I'm going to find a way to squeeze this place into my weekly routine. It really makes me appreciate life.